Globally, the day called Valentine’s is an excuse to celebrate your special someone more. It’s a time to step out of the box and be innovative, let’s begin in the bedroom, the epitome of innovation. This is where most of the magic is done and yes, one too many times, it is not given enough attention.
Allow us to guide you on ten tips to create a romance cove for Valentine’s day.
- Lighting can be a very effective element to ignite the romance switch for the two of you. Light up the bedroom softly, not too bright or too dull.
- Candles have the tendency to evoke feelings of intimacy and relaxation. Go for scented candles for the aromatherapy twist as well.Group them together in many corners of the room for an awesome effect. White and red candles are a great choice.
- Replace the bright bulb to dimer one so that psychologically, you will be induced to romantic feelings.
- Mirrors are another good way of bringing out any room, so bring them in so that they could reflect the softened light and hopefully catch some of the action too!
- Window treatments should be plush, alluring and dark so that it can curb lights from traffic or any sort of external noise from overriding in the romantic mood that is created. They should also be matched with the bedding for the whole romantic buzz.
- Bedding, obviously, is the focal point of the whole décor of the bedroom as it’s the benchmark of the impression that is created for your partner. Silk and satin are some of the perfect fabrics for your bed, which gives a relaxed, sexy comfort. Go for red, black, white, blue and even green depending on your taste.
- Adding an interesting texture for bedding is also equally important. Faux Fur, velvet and velour are soft, rich fabrics that can be made use of comforters, blankets and throw pillows.
- Adding a canopy to your bed will give a more spacious feel, and glamorous appearance; something to consider likewise.
- Finally, some soft romantic music and some potpourri will add a romantic zing as the good romantic music really turns on the romantic corner of one’s mind.
- Foods such as chocolate, chilled champagne, and freshly cut fruits are also some of the must haves in the bed chamber to complete the vibe.