Good morning to my fellow brethren. As our conversation increase around the COVID-19, let us take time out to speak to our children. Let us help them to make sense of what they hearing in a way that is honest, accurate, and minimizes anxiety or fear.
General principles for talking to children
Remain calm and reassuring.
* Remember that children will react to both what you say and how you say it. They will pick up cues from the conversations you have with them and with others.
Make yourself available to listen and to talk.
* Make time to talk. Be sure children know they can come to you when they have questions.
Pay attention to what children see or hear on television, radio, or online.
* Consider reducing the amount of screen time focused on COVID-19. Too much information on one topic can lead to anxiety.
Provide information that is honest and accurate.
* Give children information that is truthful and appropriate for the age and developmental level of the child.
* Talk to children about how some stories on COVID-19 on the Internet and social media may be based on rumors and inaccurate information.
Teach children everyday actions to reduce the spread of germs.
Most of all let us teach them to be obedient and to follow instructions.